Friday, March 23, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:48 AM, slept in. Wahoo!

After the animal kingdom was taken care of I hit the abs (390 crunches--technically 391 because I fell asleep while working on my obliques--and 200 situps). 30 minute run today, 10 minute warmup, 10 x 1 minute in zone 3 followed by one minute of zone 2. Again, my trouble continues to be getting down to zone 2 (well, that and it is so dark I can't see my watch to time myself or monitor my heart rate).

My coach also had 60 minutes of cycling of my own choice as long as I incorporated a cadence of 90. So I hopped on my bike on the trainer for 22 minutes, odd I know. 5 minute warmup, 5 x 1 minute at a cadence of 90 with 1 minute ez spin, 3 one legged drills each side. It seems that my new seat which I just put on last night may just be the right fit...finally.

Why the 22 minute spin on my racing bike--why, of course, to save my legs so I could ride to work. I pulled out my trusty Trek bike which weighs about 50 pounds and spun like a mad woman to work. Beautiful day, the river is quiet, no breeze--it did kind of smell near the airport (like olive loaf, I thought but then I'm smelling impaired).

Big day tomorrow. I have not quite figured out the logistics. Either it is a swim, bike, run day or I'm joining some folks in Richmond for a very long ride.