Thursday, March 22, 2007

Today's Workout

Up at 4:30 AM, although Buddy tried hard to make that earlier. Apparently he was hungry and not entertained by night-time kittyvision.

Abs (390 crunches, 200 situps). To the pool for my first workout with the Master's team. In the water at 5:40 AM--it would have been earlier if they would unlock the doors sooner. 300 warmup (this was supposed to be any stroke but freestyle--I advised that was an uglines that required parental discretion on my part and received permission to do a slow 300 freestyle). 5 x 200--first 200 with fins, second the fist drill with fins (ever swim with your fists, it ain't easy), third no fins, fourth fins and paddles (I used to think those paddles were for cheating. Try them, total arm burner and it slows down your stroke so you can see all of your flaws), and fifth set swim with one fin for the first 100 then switch (with this drill you find out if you have a dominate leg). 400 side freestyle kick with one armed pulls (prepare to drink some water). 400 pull buoy (100 regular, 100 with paddles, 100 regular, 100 with paddles). 200 one legged kicking (oh yeah, feel the burn). 100 dolphin kick (want to feel uncoordinated, come aboard). After there was some jogging, pushups, and situps all in the water--who needs a weight room.

2400 meters on the day, kind of thin. To be honest, I would like to be able to show a little more distance for all that time in the water and I'm not as exhausted as I'd hoped I would be. We will see, by the end of the day perhaps my legs and arms will be a little sore.

On the horizon for tomorrow, bike and run.