Thursday, January 25, 2007

Two Timing

I've been neglecting my blog and I have to confess it's because I've been two timing. For the last three months, I've been a lab rabbit for Triathlete magazine. Basically, I agreed to follow coach Gale Bernhardt's training plan and to record my training and progress in a diary and a blog shared with the world. I was persuaded by the fact that :1) Coach Bernhardt coached the triathlon Olympic team in the last Olympics (being an average working class athlete, a girl doesn't get these type of opportunities too often); and, 2) I'm usually prone to over-training and with the thought of an Ironman I knew my natural instincts would be taken to the tenth power.

If you are interested in what goes on behind the scenes in my training, you can follow my daily workout here I must warn you that I complain a lot about my hip and being tired but I always try to follow the workout plan.

It's a challenge every day to post an entry and an even greater challenge to work on my personal blog. This will come to a close next month when the program ends and I start working with my own personal coach at my own personal expense. Two timing is exhausting, so in a way, I look forward to the end of my lab rabbit days.