Thursday, June 04, 2009

Queen of the hill

Hills on the bike today in the 'hood. I had to wait until 5:40 for suitable light but given the conditions were overcast (later leading to rain), I was not too comfortable with drivers' ability to see me. Nonetheless, I did my figure eight 5 times--dubbed because I attack a long hill and then a slightly shorter one but steeper. To access them both I have to ride in a figure eight.

No sweat and no real burn today so not really feeling any buzz from the workout. My heart rate did not even jump to zone 4 which is disappointing on the one hand but speaks to my efficiency when I climb. I used to be able to get to 166 on the steep hill but today I was only hitting 153. In any event, good to be out in the rain on my zipps to help build my confidence that my race wheels will hold the road on race day.

And tomorrow I rest.