Thursday, May 28, 2009

Have more babies

Most people would never believe that these three words "have more babies" would come out of my mouth. Mind you, I don't subscribe to the Republic of China's one child per couple viewpoint but I do believe you should not be outnumbered--see, I'm much more liberal then China.

Today, I had the pleasure of running on the brand new TC Williams High School track which my tax dollars have paid for. TC Williams boasts a brand new--not renovated--brand new high school at the expense of Alexandria residents. It is gorgeous and the rubberized surface and lane markings on the track made me feel like an Olympian. While I had no choice in the matter about the need, cost, or scope of the work (I'm still bitter they did not replace the city pool on the same property) I am now starting a personal crusade to encourage friends and neighbors to expand their families to make use of these amazing facilities because while you got my gay taxes there will be no offspring from our household that can take advantage of our contribution. Breed on people.

Anyhow, great day on the track today. 7:20 time trial mile. Hey, it's no 5 minute mile but I'm a Towne and I'm old. I think it's pretty respectable.