Friday, May 29, 2009

Slight deviation

My plan did not include any bike time all week but those who know me know my greatest fault is deviating from the plan a little. Never in the direction of less, always in the direction of more.

I hopped on the trainer today for 80 minutes of time trial work. I used the compression socks which have quelled the calf cramps for now.

Tomorrow is still under development. Again, deviating from the plan I think a bike ride is in order but I was waiting to hear if, in addition to the ride, there was a group swim. If there is no group swim I'll probably ride for 3 hours with the thought that I'm stretching a half-ironman load over two days.

Sunday is the Zooma half-marathon, Jacki's first at this distance so send her some good wishes. I don't think I will be setting any PR's but if it is within reach I'm willing to dig down and get it. After I finish I plan to circle back and find JB, help encourage her home. Fingers crossed the humidity is tamped down.