Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Do you think Joan Benoit was ever lonely?

I went to the track today to do my speed work. I am still sore from Sunday's race. The swim helped some yesterday but the lactic acid took deep residence in my legs. I was not sure my speed work was going to truly involve much if any speed and given that I was all alone on the track (sans a guy that ran around twice the wrong way and one woman who walked around once) I had to dig within for motivation.

I did hit my goal times today and I was ecstatic to finish the workout. All totaled 8.25 miles on the track, including my little jog over and back from the house. I'm glad I at least had my music, it was a lonely workout. Last week the building engineer was putzing around and smoking a stogey--this week he was nowhere to be found.

Joan, if you are out there, send me your secrets to going long alone.