Saturday, April 05, 2008

Stretching out the run

My coach suggested augmenting my long run with the stairmaster to try and stretch out my running legs in the hope I can cover 13.1 miles in less than 4 weeks. The forecast called for a 70% chance of rain all day so in lieu of a long solo ride (my riding partner is unavailable) I opted for my long run and a swim.

After an hour run, I landed at the Y. I jumped on the stairmaster for an hour at the Y and then ran an additional 2 miles home. All things considered, it wasn't bad. Things hurt but not overwhelmingly and I still had some pep when I got home. Let's hope this plan works.

Upon consuming some calories I went to the city pool. Indeed this was my second time there this week. All went well. I completed my to do list, which included a dreaded 1,000 meter set, and headed home. Unlike past weeks, I did not need a nap.

Tomorrow, a long bike ride.