Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finally, a little length

It was pouring rain today and in the 60's. Near perfect running weather. About 2-3 miles into my run it started thunder and lightening. While the weather forecasters had accurately predicted the rain, I had heard nothing about thunder and lightening. I wasn't sure whether I should stick to my route or try to stay close to shelter but I opted for the former thinking if lightening struck me I would go out with a smile on my face.

I was definitely soaked early in the run but as I got closer to the river things changed. The rain let up and it was very windy. The wind helped get some of the excess water out of my shirt and shorts. Surprisingly, my Newtons shed water well thus my feet did not feel weighted down in the least. The best part of the rain was that it took my mind entirely off of my aches and pains and I was able to run for an hour and 45 minutes. It was not a fast 11 miles or very pretty, but it was, finally, a long run.

Tomorrow, a day of rest and I will take it.