Friday, April 18, 2008

No meat on Fridays

Much like my youth when we did not eat meat on Fridays, there is no exercise on Fridays.

Last night's swim class was tough. Of course, the water was freezing and our workout was challenging. The first time through the multiple sets seemed easy. The second time through nearly killed me. One of the sets involved 8 x 25 meters on15 seconds rest. You get 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 breath to make it across. My coach says I do not relax during this drill. How can I? With only one or two breaths that wall is mighty far away.

Needless to say, I slept like I was dead. My riding partner wants to head to Skyline Drive tomorrow. I'm a little undecided. Two weeks out from St. Croix I do not think 3,000 feet of climbing would be good for my piriformis/hamstring issues. Then again, I do not want her to have to ride up there alone. I have a few hours to weigh my options.