Thursday, January 03, 2008

A different kind of brick

Today I hopped on the trainer for an hour with a spinerval DVD as my companion. What a great workout, lots of zone 4. The sweat and heart rate were rocking.

Santa brought me Flexible Warrior, a yoga DVD for Christmas. I miss my Bikram yoga that I was able to maintain for a few months during my base building stage last year. Bikram takes 90 minutes and it was too difficult to continue it much past April of last year. This year, given my myriad injuries from the 2007 season, I have vowed to incorporate yoga into my training and I am going to try to keep it up all year. I think it will help prevent the overuse injuries I can't seem to stay clear of. Thus, today, I had my first 30 minute session and it was fabulous--it really stretched my very tight hips. My only complaint, our crazy dog insisted on sitting on me during corpse pose which is the resting phase of the workout, therefore interfering with my zen moment. Thanks, Asbury.

Tomorrow, a day of rest.