Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I'm back"

she says with hesitation. For the first time since Thanksgiving, I was able to run and it was in the neighborhood of 3 miles.

To be honest, when I left the house I thought I would get 3 blocks because of the gastrocnemius injury in my good leg. After weeks of ART and massage I am finally able to run on the flats. I took my dog Della, again because I thought it would result in a nice walk for her but on the rare chance that I could run I knew she would keep me from going too hard. She's 9 years old and has not run with me for years but she does stand by my shoes lornfully when she knows I'm heading out.

The run was not bad. My sciatica was bothersome, I could feel the plantar fascitis, and I could feel a slight discomfort in the gastrocnemius but overall I'm so happy to be back out on the road.

Next up, I think I'm going to jump on the trainer for 90 minutes.