Thursday, December 20, 2007

Going so slow never felt so good

Yesterday I was able to get in a 4 mile run with minimal discomfort. I'm certain I was running no faster than a 10 minute mile, possibly less, and while this is far away from my preferred 7:30-8 minute mile pace it was equally as satisfying. I'm continuing to stay off my beloved hills and I'm keeping up with my ART treatments. I'll do anything to be able to keep running.

Today I was in the weight room where I feel very strong. Lots of good upper and lower body strength building going on there. Tonight we have swim class in the cold. I'm trying to get to a point in my head where I stop complaining about swimming and just do it. I'm still so slow and I get so winded but on the positive side I have that bilateral breathing and I am breaking away from crossing my arms over the midline. I learned a new drill last week to help me break that bad habit. If only I could shut down the voice of doubt in my head.