Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sigh

I got up at 4:30 today and headed to the pool. Honestly, I was looking forward to it. I thought clearing out my head would help get rid of my headache. I pull into the parking lot and everything looks suspiciously dark. Sadly, while I was wasting my time being annoyed by the teabagger's continued professions that Obama was going to ruin their children's values, I never noted he was coming to the school I swim at. Pool closed. Attention folks at Wakefield High School, maybe next time you can update the website status. My guess it this was not a surprise.

I go home and put on my Vibram 5 fingers to head to the track in the rain. I ran 6 minutes before I could not go any further. Unbelievably frustrating. I kept trying to restart but the pain was screaming back. Thus, lacking any endorphins, I rode to work in the drizzle which honestly is quite fun. The path is quiet and there is a fair amount of wind over the 14th Street Bridge. Good practice (plus probably a heck of a lot quicker then commuting by car or metro on this, the first day of school).