Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yeah, you

I find myself getting angry at runners. They are everywhere. Many are out for a 20 minute run, some longer. Many have horrible form, I really get angry at them because they deserve to be injured. I should be running. I should be able to go out the door for several hours because I want to, this is the "because I can" time of the year only I can't.

I tried to run again today, 9 minutes until the knee melted down. The time between a twinge of pain and excruciating pain is getting shorter even though I have religiously done my Myrtl Girdle Hip exercises and stayed out of my running shoes. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever run again or if I will only be able to compete in Aqua Velo races (swim and bike only).

Yes, there are millions of people with greater woes but you have to appreciate that running is my drug of choice and I am in involuntary detox.