Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Plan Z

Out of desperation I've moved on to plan z in the unending quest to run again. I read an article about a scientific study that linked IT Band issues to weak hip muscles. I acknowledge that for every scientific study proving a relationship there is one that disproves it, that said, I know my hip muscles are weak so I see no harm in my new approach.

Six days a week for the next two weeks I'm going to focus on the Myrtle Hip Girdle routine. I'll admit part of the attraction is being able to say, "Today I did Myrtle Hip Girdle". I will continue to bike and swim but I will not run...or I'll try not to. I will do long fast walks or if I can find a way to avoid the boredom perhaps I'll go to the gym and get on the stairmaster or elliptical machine. I will use my Vibram five fingers because they will help stretch out my calves and strengthen my toes and ankles for stability. That's the plan. I hope to position myself to at least be able to complete the Nation's Tri on 9/13. While I know there is a DNF in everyone's life, I don't want mine to be because I cannot run.