Wednesday, April 30, 2008

There is a raisini in my dessert

As a kid, we had dessert after dinner every night. I always looked forward to it and carry this sweet tooth to this day. I often think of certain parts of my swim workout as dessert. For example, pulling or drills because I can do them all day and not really feel like it it work.

In this taper week, I was looking forward to my last swim and thought it would be a delightful dessert. Instead, it had raisins in it which I abhore and I wanted to take a pass. Two sets of 500 working on speed--this is my taper week coach, where is my dessert. I completed my workout but I was not happy about it.

As long as I am complaining, the pool was cold this morning and the showers were lacking hot water. I take an ice bath after every workout as part of my rehab for my various ailing body parts. There is generally a white water line on my skin when I get out demarking the part of my body that was not exposed to the icewater. I noted today that I had those same marking from the shower and swim.

Bike is all packed just need to get my gear together and I am ready to head off to St. Croix. Tomorrow is my travel day so no workout in store. Next post comes to you from the Caribbean.