Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A season of thank you's

It has been a long season beginning with drill work and base building, moving into strength and endurance training, to 5 months of competition. This individual sport has a broader contribution. I simply prepare and compete but I do so with many helping hands.

First and foremost, a thank you to my partner, JB, who supports me 100% in my efforts. She attends each and every one of my races and cheers me on from the sidelines, she takes care of the dogs, and the yard, and the house, and the grocery shopping while I am out swimming, pedaling, or running. She makes sure I have the finest gear, she takes care of game day logistics, she diagnosis my aches, is creative with solutions to mechanical or physical misgivings, and encourages me even though she knows this comes at a price on Saturday and Sunday morning. I can go on with the list but I won't, I'll suffice to say that I could not do this without her--thanks so much JB.

There are many others who are key to my participation. My bike mechanic Ricky who sets aside whatever he is working on when I come into the shop and takes the time to further my mechanical knowledge. My massage therapist Sara who helped duct tape my overuse injuries ensuring I would complete all of my races this year. Our dog walker Daniela who enables me to leave my girl, Della behind knowing she will be loved and cared for. My family and friends who have supported me in my racing.

As I conclude the 2006 racing season, many thanks to all.....and looking forward to Lake Placid next year I welcome you all to stay on board.